This wiring kit solves problems faced by Toyotas and Suzukis running LED Headlights and globes. It is no longer mandatory as our JTX CANBUS Modules now also function the same. Customers may still wish to purchase this if they want their inner headlights on their 80 series landcruiser to function as low-beam and high-beam.
- Reverse polarity – a conventional globe will work no matter what direction the current passes through it. LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and the role of a Diode is to only allow power to pass through it in one direction only. And you guessed right – virtually every Toyota and Suzuki want the power to go through in the wrong direction. Virtually every other type of car is OK. This loom has the smarts to identify when the lights are on and send power to the globe in the conventional LED direction.
- Earth switching – some vehicles (and again mainly Toyota) have constant power to both sides of the globe and because there is no voltage difference the light is off. And when you turn them on one side of the globe becomes earthed and then the light works. This loom runs new wires to the lights and they behave normally when the controller in the loom senses the lights are on.
- It has one plug that goes into one of your old headlight sockets. That’s how the controller in the harness receives the message that the lights are on and in hi or low beams.
- The loom presents you with 2 new headlight sockets, one for each light.
- The loom has wire with a 20 Amp fuse going to +ve on the battery. You wont need any larger fuse for LED.
- The loom has an earth wire that can go to an earth on the body or to -ve on the battery.